Just reading that title makes me crave some chocolate! These chocolate fudge bars are super simple to make and taste delicious. The only problem you’ll have is summoning the willpower to eat just one (although, knowing that one is 254 calories should help). They’re definitely a splurge for the calorie budget, but oh so worth it!
I’ve had this chocolate fudge recipe saved on Pinterest for awhile because it just looked so good. I started going through my pins last month and deleting anything I knew I wouldn’t make. Most of the items I got rid of were deleted because they required ingredients that, while healthy, I don’t see myself buying just for one recipe. I thought this one would meet a similar fate, but as I looked through the ingredients, I realized that I’d actually acquired all these items in recent months! So, if you’re thinking you won’t make this because it calls for cacao or coconut butter, I encourage you to get both. They’re delicious and can be used in so many ways.
What you need (makes 12 bars):
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, plus more for dusting
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1/3 cup freeze dried raspberries (or raw!)
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
Try adding: 1/4 cup raw or roasted nuts
What to do:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and coconut butter in a bowl. Place that bowl inside a larger one and fill the larger one with hot water. Stir until the oil and butter are fully liquified.
- Whisk in the cacao powder until smooth.
- Whisk in the maple syrup and pinch of salt until fully combined.
- Mix in the freeze dried raspberries, chopped almonds, and cacao nibs.
- If using raw raspberries, it works best to place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they’re frozen, break them into small pieces and add to the recipe.
- Pour mixture into parchment-lined loaf pan and let set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 12 slices and dust with cacao powder before serving.
Nutrition Info (per one slice): 254 calories, 22.1 g fat, 31.3 mg sodium, 16.1 g carbs, 3.5 g fiber, 8.5 g sugar, 1.6 g protein