Sometimes you just need a potato… and the sweet variety is where it’s at. A sweet potato has much more to offer than its regular spud brother, including plenty of vitamin A and C and tons of fiber! Whether you like your sweet potatoes in wedges, fries, or mashed, this spicy Greek yogurt sauce fits them perfectly as a dip or drizzled on top.
Spicy Greek Yogurt Sauce (serves 8)
- 7 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 4-5 tsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
Mix everything together, cover, and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours (it gets spicier as it sits).
If you’re cooking for 8, cook 6 medium sweet potatoes using the directions below. If you’re like me, you’re cooking for one. In that case, it’s nice to have the sauce made ahead of time, but you’ll want to cook the potatoes separately each night.
Cooking Your Sweet Potato
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut one medium sweet potato into 4-6 wedges that are approximately the same size (Use 6-8 medium potatoes for 8 people).
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place wedges on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drizzle cooked wedges with prepared sauce, add a bit of chopped green onion, and serve!
Nutrition Info for sauce: 22 calories, .4 g fat, 1.1 g cholesterol, 51.8 g sodium, 2.3 g carbs, .3 g fiber, .9 g sugar, 2.7 g protein
Nutrition Info for potato (233 g): 200 calories, .1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 46.9 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 9.7 g sugar, 3.7 g protein, Bonus: 785.2 mg potassium, 659.4% vitamin A